A Louvretec outdoor room is the easiest and most affordable way to add living space to your home. By closing in the sides of your opening roof with shutters, outdoor blinds or sliding glass doors, you end up with an outdoor space that looks like an integral part of your home. They continue to grow in popularity so it is little wonder that some of the most looked-at photographs in our gallery are of our outdoor rooms.
If an outdoor room has caught your eye, here are five basic steps to consider. You might not need to follow every one of those steps - that reflects the beauty of Louvretec's systems. They’re tailor-made to your requirements.
- Step 1: You will need a deck! That will be the floor of your outdoor room, and the size of your deck may dictate the size of the opening roof and sides you’ll need. Of course, with flexibility being a big part of what we offer, you don’t have to cover and fill in the entire deck to create a room.
- Step 2: A structural frame will be needed over the deck to support your opening roof. Louvretec has a range of aluminium structural frames designed specifically for our Opening Roofs. Alternatively, we can work with your builder if you had a timber or concrete or steel frame in mind - or you may already have this in place already.
- Step 3: Now it’s time to choose your opening roof. We have a lot of styles to choose from so you will be able to match the roof with the appearance of your home. This is why our outdoor rooms really do look like they’ve always belonged to the house.
- Step 4: Once the louvre roof is up, you may wish to close in the sides to make it feel and function like an outdoor room. We have many options, from shutters to blinds to sliding doors but as we said before, you can leave some of the space open if you wish.
- Step 5: The finishing touches are what you will focus on once the roof is up and the sides are filled in. Louvretec’s range of outdoor heating and lighting (blade lighting, post lighting, gutter lighting or downlights) will create a more comfortable room for your guests. We’re a one stop shop.
Five steps to consider, and so many ways to enjoy your outdoor room once it is complete! We are with you every step of the way when it comes to making your outdoor room a reality, so stop looking at those wonderful photos in our gallery. It’s time to contact us and start creating your very own Louvretec room.